As a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, for over a decade, I realize, it is a professional’s duty and responsibility, to effectively, professionally, represent clients and customers, either buying or selling. Many of our clients make the decision, for any of a multitude of personal reasons, to sell their homes, and their desire, is nearly always, to receive/ get, the highest possible price (related to existing market conditions), in the shortest, reasonable period of time, with the least amount of hassle, and/ or aggravation! To do so, professionally, and properly, there is a need, to both understand, and utilize, the 5 keys, to effectively, selling a home.
1. Strategy: The finest representation, requires a clear – cut, focused, meaningful, relevant strategy, based on a number of relevant factors, etc. The process must begin, with a discussion between agent and client, and agreeing to proceeding, on the same page, focused on the best way, to market a specific property, in order to achieve one’s needs, and objectives.
2. Pricing: Creating the best, initial listing price, means doing so, not based on emotion, and/ or pie – in – the – sky, wishing, hoping, greed, or unrealistic expectations. Quality agents will discuss pricing strategies, and which, might make the most sense, in the specific market, local area, and time. A meaningful rule – of – thumb, should be, to price a house, right, from the start!
3. Marketing; same page: Successfully marketing and selling a specific home, requires agent and client, to be on the same page, and commit to their agreed – upon, strategy. Homeowners must do all they can, to make their houses, readily available, so the most, qualified, potential buyers, are able to view it. When you get many views, you optimize your marketing efforts and possibilities! Homeowners should interview potential agents, and have a thorough discussion on how, a particular agent, might market the house, and the reasons!
4. Competitive; comparables: Remember, houses are not sold in a vacuum! There are generally several houses, for sale, in your area, and, you will, get your best possible results, when you are competitive, and make your home, stand – out, from the pack, in a positive way! Don’t guess about listing price, but examine and consider comparable properties, so you position your specific home, where, you’ll get the best results!
5. Strong negotiator: As the song goes, You’ve got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, so, homeowners, must seek agents, who are, truly, strong negotiators. You need someone, who will effectively, fight, for your best interests. This individual must be ready, willing and able, to suggest to you, when you should accept a particular issue, and when to hold – out!
The better one recognizes and accepts, these 5 keys, the more capable he becomes of having his home, effectively marketed, and sold! A homeowner’s best interests are served, when he, and his chosen agent, consistently, persistently use a quality approach!